Today I made a Christmas card for a friend who likes elegant style. I was aiming for something rich and dimensional. So I used my Spellbinders Romantic Rose die I got from my Shopping Star Haul earlier.
Here’s how I made this card.
- Die cut the big frame using gold mirror cardstock
- Die cut the small frame in the middle of the big frame. Die cut the small frame again using white cardstock
- Adhere the 2 small frames together, white on top, offset them a little to create a drop shadow
- Gold heat emboss the sentiment, embellish with clear droplets
- Tie a red satin ribbon on top of the tag
- Die cut and adhere 3 layers of oval-shaped craft foam. Adhere it in the middle of the card, hide it behind the tag. Use glue dot on top to temporarily adhere the tag to the foam
- Back the card with matching patterned paper and white card base
Here’s a look at how the card looks like when the tag is removed.
That’s it. It is really easier than it looks 🙂 Thank you for reading! I hope you have a wonderful day!