The cue card for this week’s CASology challenge is toy. At first, I was thinking about teddy bear and bike, but it suddenly hit me. My phone is my toy! I watch YouTube on it, I listen to music on it, I do everything on it. Then I saw this cute snowman from Simon Says Stamp. Its earmuffs are perfect to be turned into headphones.
Here’s how I made my card
- Hand draw a phone (I referenced an iphone) on masking paper, fussy cut it and adhere it in place
- Mask off a snow hill at the bottom
- Stamp the snowman and mask it
- White heat emboss the sentiment and music notes
- Blend the background with distress inks – Spun Sugar, Peacock Feathers, Dusty Concord, Seedless Preserves & Black Soot. Sprinkle some water with a paint brush
- Peel the masks off. Hand draw in the iphone and the headphone cable with a Copic Multiliner. I also went over the snowman with my Copic Multiliner so both the images have the same thickness and sketchiness
- Copic color the snowman and his stylish (snow)man toy 🙂 At first, I wanted to color the phone in black because it was an iphone, but I decided to use some aqua colors to match the headphones. So I guess it’s not an iphone anymore, possibly a knockoff LOL
I hope you like this card. I love it very much! Thanks for stopping by!