Welcome and Happy Holidays! I am so excited to be here today as a part of Jody’s holiday blog hop. You should have come from Charity Feit’s blog. I am insanely busy preparing for the holidays. I bet you are too! To give you some inspirations for last-minute projects, I have created three cards for this blog hop.
First, I want to show you some behind-the-scene selfies of Santa and Rudolph. After all, they are the busiest people (and animals) in this season LOL. I have used the reindeer image from Mama Elephant Reindeer Games and Santa from Simon Says Stamp’s Winter Friends set. With some masking technique, I created the night sky with Altenew’s To the Moon stamp set. With a lot of masking, I also made an epic present wall behind Santa and Rudolph for a striking visual impact. The presents are from Mama Elephant’s Christmas Spirit set. The photo frame was made with a stitched photo frame die.
I colored both selfies with Copic markers and turned them into shakers. I have used Gold Stardust, Mirror Mirror on the Wall, 6mm Gold Rush Metallic and Christmas Wishes from SpiegelMomScrapShop. I also doubled up the foam tape to make sure that the sequins can move freely.
After my masking fiasco, I went CAS for my third card. I also broke out my Peerless Watercolors. I am absolutely IN LOVE!!! You will definitely see more watercolor cards from me soon. Here’s how I made this card:
- Make a colorful watercolor wash background on a watercolor paper
- Die cut out the “hugs” word
- Take a white A2 cardstock, die cut the “hugs” word again
- Inlay the watercolor “hugs” into the white panel
- Stamp the rest of the sentiment with black pigment ink
- Stamp a Christmas hat image with black waterproof ink, watercolor it and die cut it out. Fill in the white part with a snow applique pen and heat set until it puffs up
- Finish off the card with some Silver Sunrise sequins
I like the Santa hat because it adds a hint of sweetness onto this card. That’s it from me! Don’t forget to comment below for a chance to win prizes from Marion Smith, Becky Higgins and discount code to Jody’s shop! Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you’re having lots of fun hopping along! Your next stop is Kat Benjamin.