I know Christmas is still around the corner, but I can’t help making new year cards already! After all, we only have 6 days after Christmas till 2016 arrives. Time surely times… A lot has happened this year. It is definitely a very special year for me personally.
For today’s card. I wanted to take a break from glitter and snow and went for something simple and refreshing.
Here is how I made my card:
- Paint an ocean background using watercolors
- Use stencils, sponge white pigment ink to create some water bubbles
- Stamp the whale from Avery Elle’s Whale Hello set on white paper. Color with Copic markers. Fussy cut out
- Stamp the sentiment in black pigment ink. Since I used the rough side of the watercolor paper, the stamped image wasn’t perfect. So I filled in the boo-boo with a black pen
- Embellish with Pretty Pink Posh 4mm and 6mm clear droplets. They are match-made-in-heaven with the ocean and the bubbles
- Lastly, mount the watercolor panel onto a white card base with craft foam to minimize warping
Hope you like my card. Thank you for reading!!