Hello! Happy New Year! First post of the year I’m playing along in a card challenge. One of my goals this year is to regularly take part in challenges. What a great way to get started! I’ve been obsessed with My Favorite Things stamps, dies and inks lately. I may as well play along in their sketch challenge 🙂
This is what I came up with.
My friend has just delivered a baby girl so I took advantage of the sketch inspiration to make her a soft and sweet baby shower card. Here’s how I made my card:
- Die cut a A2 white cardstock using Stitched Mini Scalloped Rectangle Die-namics. Set aside
- On a watercolor paper, blend Bubblegum and Peach Bellini dye ink
- Stamp and die cut images from BB Adorable Elephants set. Color with Copic markers
- Stamp the sentiment on the remaining watercolor paper. Die cut using Tag Builder Blueprints 4. The sentiment is way longer than the flag die so I used partial die cutting technique. I ran it through my Big Shot twice to get a perfect long flag that’d fit my sentiment
- Cut a thick strip of vellum as the last element
- Assemble the card together using foam tape and wet adhesive. I let the flag hang outside on the left. I like how it looks
- Add some Wink of Stella glitter to the balloons and flowers to finish off the card
I hope you like my card. I also have some exciting news to share with you. I am going to be in two design teams this year – SpiegelMomScraps and Butterfly Reflections Ink. You can now see their logos in my sidebar. I’m so super excited and I feel so lucky to be working with such wonderful companies! You will see a lot more cards from me this year! Thank you for stopping by!