So, Lunar New Year’s next month and it’s time for me to whip up something! I made a card with MFT’s Mini Modern Blooms. It reminds me of Japanese New Year with scenic cherry blossom. Those pinks and greens and soft yellows! These colors make me miss Spring! When will Winter be over???
Here is how I made my card:
- On a cardstock slightly smaller than A2 size, blend MFT Bubblegum, Lemon Drop and Peach Bellini dye inks. Use a paint brush, flick some water and white watercolor paint onto it. Finish with Wplus9’s Pure Color Shimmer Mist on the entire panel. This shimmer is really gorgeous in person!
- Stamp some flowers and leaves with MFT dye inks and die cut with coordinating die
- For the branches of the Cherry tree, I used Memory Box’s Birch Tree die. I only used the thin branches at the top because they resemble those of Cherry tree. I simply colored them brown with Copics
- Adhere the scene with glue dots and foam adhesive
- Die cut a frame with MFT Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangle STAX and mount with foam tape. Embellish with some clear sequins
- Finally, run the same inks on the Bold Diagonal Stripes Background stamp to create a matting background. This gives the card a perfect finish
That’s it for my card. I’ve entered it into the Simon Says – Something New challenge. Don’t forget you can get more mileage out of your inks by blending and stamping on the same project. I hope you had fun reading. Thank you for stopping by!