Hi there! Today I have a Valentine’s Day card design for you using MFT’s London Mouse set. The idea is inspired from Harry Potter. Remember there’s a flying car in the second book/movie? That was my inspiration.
Here is my watercolor card and how I made it.
- On a A2 watercolor paper, stamp the houses from MFT London Mouse set. Apply masks when necessary
- Paint the sky background with distress inks. I have used Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean. Let dry completely before move onto the houses
- Loosely color the houses with Peerless watercolor. I have applied several layers to intensify the colors because I wanted the vibrant cartoon-y look
- Die cut and stamp the car. Watercolor it with Peerless. Let everything dry overnight
- Flatten the watercolor piece in my Big Shot. Trim it to size
- Stamp the flying tail from MFT Adorable Elephant set. The tail was supposed to be a kite’s flying tail but it totally works here! Finally, mount the flying car with foam tape
- Mount the whole panel onto white card base with Be Creative Tape
Thank you for stopping by!