Hello! I’m playing along with Ellen Hutson & My Favorite Things’ Mix It Up challenge and Simon Says – Something New challenge. I challenged myself at coloring some new animals from MFT’s Sweet Safari set. They are so frigging cute but they also look intimidating to color. The reason is they are all in different shapes and colors. I was procrastinating for weeks to play with them but I am determined to give them a try for this challenge. Here’s my card
- Stamp the animals, color with Copics and die cut using the coordinating die
- Die cut a circle window with MFT Jumbo Peek-a-Boo Circle Window die
- Die cut some leaves with MFT Leafy Greenery. Ink them up with MFT Sour Apple and Gumdrop Green
- Blend a background with MFT Red Hot, Razzle Berry, Lemon Drop, Sour Apple, Summer Splash and Lush Lagoon. Drop some water and white watercolor paint on it
- Layer everything as shown
- Stamp the sentiment with Black Pigment ink to finish off. I used my MISTI to avoid making any stamping mistakes. This “Please Join Us” sentiment from Ellen Hutson ties everything together and makes the card even cuter!! Ekk!
I am very happy about the finished card. I think this will be a great birthday invitation card for children. Thank you for stopping by!