Thanks to Keeway from kiwi koncepts, I get to know that Create a Smile Stamps is having a guest designer call. I have been a fan of their stamps for a while, especially after seeing what Yoonsun made with their products!! So I decided to try my hands on this challenge.
Unfortunately, I don’t own anything from them yet. I was freaking out at first at how am I going to purchase their stamps and have them arrive at my doorstep before the deadline. Then, I found out that they have some adorable freebie images! That is so awesome! This is going to be my first time using digital stamps as well! Of all the images they have, I chose this surfer penguin and made a beach scene for him. My goal is to make the recipient of my card smile (no pun intended lol!)
Here is how I made my card:
- Blend some MFT dye inks in the lower half of the panel to make an ocean. I put darker colors in the bottom because closer objects always appear darker. I simply let the lightest blue fade out to white, because I will add a sun at the top later
- Use a cloud stencil and the same inks to make some waves
- Drop water onto the panel for some bleaching
- For the sun, I blended yellow inks on MFT’s Sun Ray stencil. I kept the intersection very light so it will look like the ocean blends with the sun
- For the first penguin, I resized it to fit the ocean. For the other one, I wanted it to look like it’s waving and cheering for its surfer buddy. I first flipped it, then I resized it to be bigger because it’s closer to us. I also erased its eyes and beaks and white tummy. I colored both penguins with Copic markers. I also ended up giving some props to the cheering penguin
- Lastly, I made a sandy beach for the cheering penguin to stand on and colored it with Copic
- Adhere everything as shown, stamp the sentiment and add final details with a black pen
That’s it for my encouragement card! I had a lot of fun playing with the digital stamps! It’s a lot more flexible and less messy (no ink smudging) than traditional stamps. I also can manipulate the image in whatever way I want. It’s very cool to work with! I think I will use more digital stamps in the future!
If you want to join the guest designer call, there’s still time! Just head over here! Thanks for stopping by today!
I’m also entering this card into Simon Says -Something New challenge.