Happy Monday! I’d like to share a sentimental card today. I was looking for ideas to stretch my MFT Adorable Elephant set. This cutie looks like it’s looking deeply into the sky and can be thinking of someone. So I made it a lonely little guy missing its friend in my card. I also made a huge moon for drama.
Here’s my card and how I created it.
- Grab a clean white cardstock, die cut a grassy hill using the Grassy Hill Die-namics. Set it aside
- On a piece of scratch paper, die cut a big circle. Save both the positive and negative as masks
- On the main piece, mask off the sky. Blend in the moon with distress inks – Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade. Remove the mask, lightly blend in a soft halo outside the moon
- Use the circle die cut to mask off the moon, blend in the night sky with Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot. Flick white acrylic paint with a tooth brush to make the stars
- Blend in Twisted Citron and Black Soot on the grassy hill
- Die cut and stamp the elephant, flowers and butterflies. Color with Copic markers
- Inlay the grassy hill to the main panel. Mount other images with foam tape
- Trim the panel to size. I decided to trim off 1/4″ on the long side. Adhere onto a white card base with Be Creative Tape
That’s it for my card. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful week!