Hi there! Today I have a watercolor floral card for you. I have used a very soft color palette because this card is about kindness so I wanted to be gentle with my coloring too. I was inspired by Jennifer McGuire’s Handmade with Kindness campaign last year. The technique I used for watercoloring is ULTRA EASY.
Here is my card and how I created it:
- Blend Altenew Sea Glass and Buttercream inks on a A2 panel
- White heat emboss the peonies and leaves from Altenew Peony Scrolls set onto watercolor paper. Color with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and a water brush. Die cut with coordinating die
- Die cut a panel with MFT Mini Scallop Rectangle STAX. Stamp the sentiment onto it with silver delicata ink
- Assemble everything with Be Creative Tape and embellish with iridescent sequins
- Finally, slightly curl up the edges of the flowers and leaves for some dimension
I absolutely love the look of iridescent sequins on flowers. I think they look like water droplets falling onto the flowers. So very pretty and calm. I hope you like my share today. See you soon.