Hello! Welcome to the Essentials by Ellen Winter 2016 Hop! I’m super excited and honored to join this blog hop today! I’ll be showcasing several of the new stamp sets and dies on my post. You should have arrived here from Sharon Harnist’s blog.
For my first card, I have created a scene featuring the All Inside set. The weather is gloomy, so the polar bear makes a sun for himself. I was inspired by the rainy weather in Seattle 😛 Here’s a closer look at my card.
- Stamp and die cut the bear and sun, color with Copic markers
- On a white panel, blend in distress inks for the gloomy sky (Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch) and the halo (Squeezed Lemonade)
- Mask the halo part, add water droplets onto the sky for bleaching
- Stamp the sentiment from the same set with Versafine Onyx Black ink
- Die cut the clouds from Up The Happy set, blend blue and yellow shadows
- Tuck the sun under the arm of the polar bear (Ekk! So cute!). Adhere everything as shown with glue and foam tape
- Add Wink of Stella glitter onto the sun
For my second card, I am featuring the Positive Word die. I have made a floral watercolor card mimicking water reflections.
- White heat emboss the hydrangea bouquet from the Mondo Hydrangea set twice on watercolor paper
- Loosely color them with Gansai Tambi watercolor. I kept the colors symmetrical to create a reflection. I also added more vibrant colors on the bottom bouquet. So the top one is the shadow
- Die cut the “amazing” word from Positive Word die for four times from white cardstock and one time from vellum. Build up the dimension for the white word, adhere it onto the panel with the vellum shadow
- Finish off with some Pretty Pink Posh clear sparkling sequins
I hope you’ve enjoyed my post. I also get to give away an Essentials by Ellen stamp set! The winner may chose ANY Essentials by Ellen brand stamp set (maximum value $15) currently in stock at Ellen Hutson.com. To enter my giveaway, please leave a comment on this post by February 16th!
There is also a crazy awesome Grand Giveaway in the CLASSroom! To enter, be sure to leave a comment THERE, also by February 16th; ALL winners will be posted at the CLASSroom on Friday, February 19th! If you get lost, please visit the CLASSroom blog for a complete list of all the designers.
Your next stop is the amazing Jennifer McGuire!!! I started learning cardmaking skills by watching many of her videos. I cannot believe I’m actually in the same hop with her. What an honor! Thank you for stopping by today and happy hoppin’!