Hi friends! Today I have an AMAZING news to share with you. I am guest designing for My Favorite Things this month! Oh how I love My Favorite Things’ products!!! I was SO HAPPY when I got the invitation from them. It’s like a dream come true!
I received A LOT of goodies in January. Of course I couldn’t wait and had to make some cards right away. The pile got bigger and bigger LOL. Now, I can finally show you what I created!!!
The first thing that caught my eye in the package was the cute farm animals! They remind me of FarmVille. For my first card, I made a terrace farm packed with corns and carrots. The terrace is created with Snow Drifts Cover-Up and then blended with distress inks. The Snow Drifts Cover-Up is perfect to create landscape to pair with these animals! Here is a closer look.
- Die cut a panel with Snow Drifts Cover-Up Die-namics. Blend with distress inks in Vintage Photo, Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron. Sprinkle some water on top for bleaching
- Stamp the animals and plants on watercolor paper with black pigment ink. All images are from the Farm-tastic set except the carrots from BB Somebunny
- Color everything with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and a water brush
- On a white card base, blend some Tumbled Glass distress ink on top and stamp the sentiment with black pigment ink
- Temporarily adhere the Snow Drifts frame on the card base. Using it as a guide, adhere the bottom 5 landscapes with foam tape and the animals with glue
For my second card, I was inspired by the sentiment “Follow your rainbow”. I love the big stitched rainbow! To complete the scene, I need something to follow the rainbow so I enlisted some help from the London Mouse 🙂 I also created a photo frame-like effect with Inside & Out Stitched Rectangle STAX.
Here are my steps:
- Create a stencil by die cutting with the Stitched Cloud Edges Die-namics
- Die cut a panel with Inside & Out Stitched Rectangle STAX
- On the inside piece, blend a cloudy sky background with Tumbled Glass distress ink
- Die cut the rainbow with Die-namics Stitched Rainbow out of various MFT cardstocks
- Die cut the grass with Grassy Hills Die-namics and blend with Mowed Lawn
- Stamp, die cut and color the London Mice with Copic markers
- For the sentiment, die cut the word “Rainbow” for four times and adhere them together
- Adhere everything as shown with foam tape and glue
That’s it for my post today. Hope you like my cards and have fun reading! I’ll be back with more inspirations next time. Happy Crafting!