It is only March but I think I have already finished my Mother’s Day card this year! I used the very whimsical unicorn set from Mama Elephant. Let me start by telling you that this set is highly addictive. I can see myself using it for any sorts of cards e.g. birthday, love, even Christmas. I have so many ideas already!
When I think about unicorns, I imagine they live in very surreal places so I decided mine will live where the rainbow ends. Everywhere is very pastel and lovely. The mama unicorn (the one with wings) has just returned from a long trip and she is anxious to see her baby again. The way they greet each other is by touching their horns, and when that happens, there will be a halo of light appearing around them 🙂
Here is how I made my card:
- Die cut a panel with Sew Fancy and Grassy Trio
- Using some cloud die cuts as stencils, blend pink and peach dye inks. Blend some yellow for the halo where the unicorns meet. Blend purple on the grass
- Stamp the unicorns with Versafine Toffee ink on watercolor paper, then color with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and a water brush
- Stamp the sentiments with the same ink
- In lay the grass panel. Mount the unicorns with foam tape and embellish with some clear sparkling sequins. The shower of sequins makes the mama unicorn seems like it’s moving!
I love this super sweet scene!! I am sure my mom will love it! Hope you enjoy today’s post. Have a wonderful day!