Happy weekend sweet friends! Today I am building a greenhouse on paper using My Favorite Things’ March release set called Sweet Succulents. I used to work in a greenhouse in college for my experiments. So I was super excited to build a greenhouse from scratch! It brings back all the memories. I used the Square Grid Cover-Up as greenhouse windows and guess what?! They can be opened!!
Here’s how the greenhouse is built.
- Stamp all the images on watercolor paper with black pigment ink. The bench is from Knead You and the spade fork is from Farm-tastic. Color them with Zig markers and water brush and die cut them out
- On the background panel, blend Squeezed Lemonade, Crushed Olive and Shabby Shutters and add water droplets
- Adhere the plants as shown with glue and foam tape
- Die cut a panel with Square Grid Cover-Up and adhere to a piece of acetate as window glass. Use a hinge to adhere the glass panel and the background together so they can move but still be adhered together, just like a flap in a mini album
- Embellish the outside of the greenhouse with some butterflies from Adorable Elephants
- I decided to put the sentiment inside the card. I first blended some Crushed Olive and stamped the sentiment with black ink
So there you have it! My greenhouse is finished 🙂 Thank you for reading! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!