Hello crafty friends! I’m back today to share some more MFT cardmaking inspirations.
For my first card, I was inspired by the sentiment from Out of the World stamp set so I wanted to create an unbelievable scene. I made a calm village scene with grassy hills and Farm Fence. Everything is nice and peaceful, except there is an UFO suddenly appearing. Simple but to the point.
- Create a cloud stencil with Stitched Cloud Edges Die-namics. Blend with Tumbled Glass distress ink to create a cloudy sky
- Die cut with Grassy Hills Die-namics and blend with Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio and Mowed Lawn
- Die cut with Farm Fence Die-namics and distress with Vintage Photo
- Stamp the sentiment with black pigment ink
- Stamp, die cut and color the UFO with Copic markers
- Adhere everything as shown with foam tape and glue
Next, I used the super cute chef stamp by Birdie Brown. I don’t know how Birdie Brown does it but every single time I ended up handing out my wallet… This time, I made a restaurant with chalk board menu. I also used elements from Boutique Window Die-namics to build a big roof to cover the whole card.
- Blend MFT Grout Gray ink over English Brick Wall stencil to create a soft background
- For the chalk board, die cut black cardstock with Inside & Out Stitched Rectangle STAX. Stamp with white chalk ink, let dry, then rub some corn starch on it
- Stamp, die cut and color the chef with Copic markers. I have used BG colors for the chef’s scarf, buttons and shoes
- Build the roof with Boutique Windown Die-namics. Blend Peacock Feathers the roof pieces to match the chef’s uniform
I save the best for the last! This is my favorite card today featuring Color the Rainbow die and the Rainbow of Happiness stamp set. I love these two sets because I can make the card really colorful and have a super relevant sentiment to tie everything together! You know how much I like to tell story in my cards. I try not to make cards where the sentiment has a different meaning to my scene.
The Snow Drifts Cover-Up die allows me to orderly pack a lot of colors into one card. I think this die is truly a must have! Here is a closer look at my card.
- Die cut a panel with Snow Drifts Cover-Up Die-namics
- Blend all the compartments with MFT dye inks in rainbow colors and add water for bleaching. In lay all the pieces back into the die
- Stamp “my world” with black pigment ink. The “color” sentiment is die cutted out of white cardstock for 4 times and then adhered together with glue
- Stamp the sheep from Ewe are the Best set with black pigment ink, die cut and color with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and waterbrush. Mount with foam tape
- Finally, embellish with some PPP clear sparkling sequins
That were a lot of cards from me today. I hope you like them! Let me know which one you like the most! Thank you for reading!