Hi! Today I’m guesting for My Favorite Things today with two more cards. This is my last guest post in March.
The theme of my first card is alien abduction. Oh! Actually it’s alien taking off 🙂 It happens on a random night on a lawn. A red alien is going back to its mothership. Here is a closer look.
- On an A2 panel, mask off the light area with masking paper
- Blend distress inks in Mowed Lawn, Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch and Black Soot. Add water droplets for bleaching. Remove the mask, blend in Squeezed Lemonade and Mustard Seed to be the light
- Die cut the whole panel with Die-namics Blueprint 25
- Stamp, die cut and color the alien and UFO from Out of this World with Copic markers
- White heat emboss the sentiment on black cardstock
- Adhere everything as shown with foam tape and glue
For my second card, I flipped the design upside down and made the kitchen utensils to flip around from the saucepan. The sentiment ties up the story perfectly. Here is how I made my card.
- Mask off to show a reverse triangle in the middle. Die cut the utensils out of masking paper and stick them randomly in the area
- Blend in MFT dye inks in Red Hot, Lemon Drop, Sour Apple and Summer Splash. Remove the masks and add water droplets
- Stamp the kitchen utensils in black ink. Stamp the saucepan in copic friendly ink and color with Copics. Mount with foam tape
- Lastly, stamp the sentiment with black pigment ink
This ends my guest design series for MFT this month. I had a BLAST creating with their products! I just love how their products coordinate so well together. Their collection is perfect to build endless stories!!