Welcome to My Favorite Things April Release Countdown! Today is Day 4. I am sharing two cards made with my favorites in this release – Lucky Dog and Cool Cat by Birdie Brown. Birdie Brown sets are my all-time favorites! These two are no exceptions. I also used the new Inside & Out Stitched Rounded Rectangle STAX Die-namics.
For my first card, I made a comic style card with before and after scene. A year ago, the sad puppy was abandoned on the street without food and warmth. After being adopted, he has happily gained weight and is now living a happy life full of energy!
Below is my step-by-step:
- Die cut two windows with Inside & Out Stitched Rounded Rectangle STAX Die-namics. Stamp the sentiment in black
- For the “Before” background, white heat emboss a brick background, then paint with Gansai Tambi watercolor
- For the “After” background, paint a gradient background using the same watercolor. Stamp the small images all over in brown
- Stamp the two dogs in black, color with Copic markers, then die cut with coordinating die-namics
- Adhere everything as shown with foam tape. Finish off with some labels I drew myself
For my second card, I made nine cats to represent their nine lives, also a perfect excuse to use more kitties on my card LOL!!! Now, nine kitties are A LOT!! So, I have enlisted some extra help from the I Knead You kitties. As for the emotion of the card, I have used soft and warm tones to convey love and gentleness.
- Stamp, die cut, and color the kitties with Copic markers. I forgot the I Knead You Die-namics are not open so I almost messed it up. Luckily, there are just two cats from this set… Whew!
- Blend pink and orange distress inks on the background. Lay the Diagonal Stripe Stencil at the bottom, continue to blend the same colors
- Stamp the sentiment in brown. Adhere the cats with glue and foam tape
Ekk! Both the stamp sets are so cute! I am a dog person but I am obsessed with the kitty stamps!! I hope you enjoy my post today. Don’t forget to head to MFT blog for a full reveal of today’s products along with more creations by other amazing designers. I will be back tomorrow with more countdown fun! See you soon 🙂