Hello friends! Welcome to My Favorite Things May Release Countdown! Today is Day 5. I have made a watercolor card using the Pretty Posies stamp set. These flowers are very whimsical-looking, so I gave them a whimsical treatment 🙂
Here is my first card. It is inspired by my teammate Kay Miller’s beautiful style. More details below.
- White heat emboss the Pretty Posies on watercolor paper, color with Gansai Tambi watercolors. Die cut with coordinating die-namics
- On another watercolor paper, paint a loose background for the flowers. Add white paint splatters
- Die cut the “beautiful” sentiment using Hello Beautiful Die-namics. Blend some Lemon Drop dye ink. Die cut the word for two more times and adhere them together for dimension. Gold heat emboss the rest of the sentiment on the panel
- Adhere everything together with glue and foam tape. Lastly, finish with some PPP clear sequins
I made a second card. The theme of my card is the wildest dream. I have combined Pretty Posies and Snuggle Bunnies in my watercolor card. I love the versatility of the Pretty Posies. They are very well designed to go with anything.
- White heat emboss the Pretty Posies onto watercolor paper. I have only used the flowers this time, no leaves. I have also stamped a lot of bubbles to go with the dreamy theme
- White heat emboss the sentiment from Snuggle Bunnies set. Stamp the bunny with Milk Chocolate hybrid ink
- Paint the whole scene with Gansai Tambi watercolor. Add white paint splatters
- Finally, I added some more bigger bubbles with some homemade circle stencils. I made those by die-cutting an acetate sheet with Die-namics Circle STAX. Then, I blended some inks over the stencils
I love the watercolor textures and the layering of the bubbles! Even sequins are unnecessary on this card. I really think that this is a scene that can match the “wildest dream” sentiment 🙂
Don’t forget to head to MFT blog for a full reveal of today’s products along with more creations by other amazing designers. Thank you for stopping by today! I will be back tomorrow with more countdown fun! See you soon