Welcome to My Favorite Things May Release Countdown! Today is Day 4. I have been waiting for this moment! That is because MFT will release the Magical Unicorns set this month, and it is designed by Birdie Brown!!! These unicorns are very chubby, totally my cup of tea 🙂
Here is my first card. It is soft and cartoony. I have used Copic markers to color the unicorns and castle. For the background, I made clouds by blending Bubblegum, Peach Bellini, Periwinkle and Blu Raspberry dye inks. I have also added a glowing halo around the flying unicorn with Squeezed Lemonade distress ink. The sentiment is stamped with Black Licorice hybrid ink.
For my second card, I went for a more light and airy look. I have also incorporated the Split Triangle Background and the Pretty Posies flowers (revealed yesterday). I am addicted to these flowers and they seriously go with anything! More details below.
- For the background, white heat emboss the Split Triangle Background onto a white card stock. Then, die cut with Stitched Circle Scallop Frames Die-namics. Softly blend rainbow colors of distress inks around the circle and Summer Splash dye ink for the circle background
- Stamp the unicorn with Milk Chocolate hybrid ink. Color with Copic markers
- Prepare the Pretty Posies by heat embossing them on vellum with white and gold embossing powder. Die cut them out
- Silver heat emboss the sentiment on a thin strip
- Adhere everything with glue and foam tape. I have added two layers of foam tape under the head of the unicorn. So, it looks like it is flying out of the circle
- Lastly, finish with some PPP clear sparkling sequins
That’s all for today. Don’t forget to head to MFT blog for a full reveal of today’s products along with more creations by other amazing designers. I will be back tomorrow with more countdown fun! See you soon