Hello friends! Welcome! I am so excited today to join Pretty Pink Posh‘s May release blog hop! Today, I will be showcasing the amazing Storybook 4 die and Stitched Essentials 1 die. You should have arrived from the talented Heather Hoffman.
Here is my first project. I have made a comic inspired card. Spring is here, so the birdie family went to see cherry blossom together. They have 4 chicks, big family 🙂 Actually the cherry blossom flowers would have fallen off by now. Hence I made my flower petals falling off from the tree.
- I first created my watercolor background using distress inks and Gansai Tambi watercolors. Then, I die cut it with the Storybook 4 die and I kept the pieces inside
- Stamp the rest of the images from the Birdie Friends stamp set in Momento Luxe Rich Cocoa ink. Watercolor them with Gansai Tambi watercolor. Die cut out with coordinating dies. I also stamped some leaves in pink to be the cherry flower petals
- Die cut the outer frame from some white card stock
- Assemble everything together with foam tape and glue. Embellish with some Sweet Pea sequins
- Mount the card front on patterned paper to finish off
For my second project, I have made a trio of continuous scene tags. The breezy scene continues from one another when you put the tags together. I have paired the birdies together with the Holiday Pals critters. They look so cute together! More details for you below.
- Make a hilly stencil by die cutting a scrap paper with Stitched Borders 4 Die
- On a piece of watercolor paper, blend Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio and Mowed Lawn distress inks over the hill stencil to create hills. Blend some Tumbled Glass to be the sky.
- Stamp the grass from Holiday Pals set using distress inks. I think the image is actually mistletoe but I used it as grass here. I have used both first and second generational stamping
- Die cut out three tags using the Stitched Essentials 1 die. Make sure to precisely line up the cutting edge with the background for a continuous look
- Die cut the Picket Fence from patterned paper
- Stamp the critters from Holiday Pals and Birdie Friends with brown ink, color with Copic markers. Die cut them out using coordinating dies
- Mount everything with foam tape and glue. Finish with matching ribbon and twine
Pretty Pink Posh is giving away two $25 gift certificates. Winners will be picked randomly along the blog hop. (Comments must be left by 11:59 PM PDT on 5/16/2016. Winners will be announced on the PPP blog).
Thank you so much for stopping by! Your next stop is Lisa Elton.
Pretty Pink Posh blog
Amy Lee (Me!)
Thank you so much for stopping by! I wish you have a wonderful day and happy hopping!