This is what I come up with. I have a sweet idea of putting a sheep into a cup with whipped cream, because they both seem flurry and heart-warming 🙂 As an effort to keep the card clean and simple, I only used three colors – white, pink and brown. To make the two white areas different, I have added texture to the white background by heat embossing. My CAS card has a simple layout, so I wanted to add textures here and there to keep things interesting.
Here is my step-by-step:
- On a white card stock, white heat emboss MFT Sweater Stitch Background. Die cut with Die-namics Stitched Oval Scallop Frames. Die cut a frame using the same die-namics and MFT Kraft card stock
- Die cut a coffee cup using Die-namics LLD Cool Cup. I have used Insulation Pink card stock for the cup and white card stock for the whipped cream. Then, I have blended in some distress inks to add shading onto the cup and cream
- Stamp the sheep using Milk Chocolate hybrid ink. Color with Copic markers. Die cut out accordingly
- Heat emboss the sentiment using SSS Antique Gold embossing powder on vellum. By the way, I’m completely in love with this Antique Gold color!!
- Mount everything together with foam tape and glue
That’s it for today. Thank you for stopping by! I hope you have a wonderful day/night!