Hello friends! Welcome to My Favorite Things June Release Countdown!!!! Can you believe how quickly May has gone by?! Our last release was super awesome, but I’m telling you that this one is even better! Are you ready? :))))
First, I want to show you my card featuring the Sweet Forest Friends stamp set and die-namics, along with the Whimsical Woodgrain Background. I love the white woodgrain on grey card stock so much! More details below.
- Blend Summer Splash, Wild Wisteria and Pink Lemonade on white card stock to be the background
- Stamp the animals and tree from Sweet Forest Friends set using Milk Chocolate hybrid ink. Color with Copic markers and die cut them out
- Silver heat emboss the sentiment in the center using my MISTI tool
- White heat emboss the Whimsical Woodgrain Background on Grout Gray card stock. Die cut with Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangle STAX to make a frame
- Adhere everything with foam tape to finish
Next, I have a set of watercolor cards featuring Trees in the Forest Die-namics and Stitched Valley Die-namics. My four cards represent the four seasons – Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter. Which season are you experiencing now? It’s almost summer in Seattle and I have been happy, because of the sun and the outdoor activities 🙂
All my cards are watercolored with distress inks. I worked in layers with fast drying (heat tool) in between. I learned this from Dawn Woleslagle. The colors I used are Abandoned Coral, Evergreen Bough, Wild Honey and Salty Ocean. I framed my trees in scalloped circles to add interest. The sentiment reads “hi” and I mounted it with foam tape. All four cards were adhered to Grout Gray card stock to finish.
Here are some close up photos.
That’s all for today! Don’t forget to head to MFT blog for a full reveal of today’s products along with more creations by other amazing designers. Thank you for stopping by today! I will be back tomorrow with more countdown fun! See you soon