Welcome to My Favorite Things June Release Countdown! Today is Day 4. I am featuring the super cute Hog Heaven stamp set and die-namics by Birdie Brown. Just look at how chubby and cute the piggies are, especially the dancing one! My husband said it looks exactly like me…
Here is my first card for you. I have made a scene card of a show called “Miss You, Pig Time” 🙂 Dancing piggies performing for you. Be sure to tune in!
By the way, I was singing and dancing the whole time when making this card LOL. It’s impossible to resist when you are looking at these fatties. More details below.
- Die cut the curtain with Die-namics Take the Stage, blend with Shaded Lilac distress ink
- For the background, I have blended Spiced Marmalade, Dried Marigold and Scattered Straw for a bright backdrop. I even added some bubbles using Die-namics Circle STAX as stencils
- Stamp the piggies and crates with Milk Chocolate hybrid ink. Color with distress inks and die cut them out. For the pigs, I used a combination of Tattered Rose and Spun Sugar to get the pastel pink/flesh color
- Silver heat emboss the sentiment to finish
For my second card, I am turning the piggy into a bumble bee flying among bushes of Funky Flowers. I just can’t resist putting my critter among flowers so I had to think of a way to relate the pig to the flowers. Being a bee is perfect!
Here is my step-by-step:
- On a watercolor paper, white heat emboss the Funky flowers and leaves. Then, I colored them using my watercolor palette and a paint brush. I have used Gansai Tambi, Daniel Smith and Windsor & Newton paints. I painted in layers with drying in between to add details to the flowers
- Create clouds in the center with a cloud stencil made from Stitched Cloud Edges Die-namics and Sno Cone ink
- Stamp the baby pig from BB Hog Heaven set in Milk Chocolate hybrid ink. Watercolor it and then die cut it out
- Silver heat emboss the sentiment from the same set. I have also added the word “bee-” from the Fly-By Friends set released in April. This ties the hog sentiment to my bee and flower theme
- Adhere the baby pig with foam tape. Lastly, I added some Wink of Stella glitter on its wings to finish
That is all for today. Don’t forget to head to MFT blog for a full reveal of today’s products along with more creations by other amazing designers. I will be back tomorrow with more countdown fun! See you soon