Hi friends! Welcome to My Favorite Things April Release Countdown! Today is Day 3. I am featuring the beautiful Funky Flowers stamp set. This set is perfect for watercoloring! The funky outline of the flowers makes the watercolor granulate inside it which is absolutely beautiful!
Here is what I come up with. A feminine take on the flowers with some neutral grays to complement my color scheme. I also added a modern-looking negative “hello” die cut to balance the design from being too feminine. I love the result so much! Feminine watercoloring looks awesome with modern die cut elements!!!!!
- White heat emboss the Funky Flowers images onto watercolor paper. Color with Gansai Tambi watercolor and Windsor & Newton paints. Add some paint splatters in white and green when done
- Trim down my watercolor piece and mount on Grout Gray card stock with craft foam
- Die cut “hello” from Happy Hellos Die-namics and trim to a thick strip. Stamp “friend” from Label Maker Sentiments stamp set with Gravel Gray ink. Adhere everything together
- Lastly, finish with some PPP clear sequins
My next card is very summer! I am featuring Fun in the Sun stamp set and Die-namics. This little girl is so cute that I couldn’t resist watercoloring her and make a pretty ocean for her to play in. More details below.
- White heat emboss the Balloon Strings Background on watercolor paper. Watercolor with Gansai Tambi watercolor. Die cut the whole panel with Die-namics Blueprints 25
- Stamp the little girl and the beach ball in Milk Chocolate hybrid ink. Watercolor them. I also added some Wink of Stella glitter to her swim suit and the ball
- Die cut a speech bubble from Photo Booth Props Die-namics and stamp the sentiment
- Adhere everything in place with foam tape to finish
That’s all for today! Don’t forget to head to MFT blog for a full reveal of today’s products along with more creations by other amazing designers. Thank you for stopping by today! I will be back tomorrow with more countdown fun! See you soon