Hello crafty friends! Welcome to My Favorite Things June Release Countdown! Today is Day 2. I am featuring the Jungle Friends Die-namics, along with the Jungle Friends stamp set and Spin & Slide Discs.
Here is my elephant seesaw card inspired by children’s playground. The pivot of the seesaw is at the center. The elephant mom is heavier. So the seesaw is naturally tilted to her side, which is good because then you would know it’s a seesaw when you first look at it. I have also added some grass under the two elephants as padding. In case they fall off, they will land on soft grass instead of hard ground, just like the real seesaw at the playground 🙂
This is how the seesaw moves. The pivot is made using a good old-fashioned hole puncher. The Spin & Slide Disc fits perfectly in it! The elephants are colored with Copic markers in warm grays to match the warmer tones.
My next two cards were inspired by my flower card yesterday. I used a similar layout but I wanted to make the card cuter!! So, instead of watercoloring the Funky Flowers, I used ink blending technique on them. Easy and fast! I also framed the elephant in the center with Die-namics Stitched Oval Scallop Frames.
Here is my step-by-step:
- White heat emboss the Funky Flowers. Die cut them out. Blend with Sour Apple ink (green card) and Dried Marigold and Spiced Marmalade disress ink (orange card). I blended harder on one side and gradually faded out to get the ombre look
- Blend around a white card stock with Blu Raspberry dye ink to be the background
- Die cut the elephant from Jungle Friends Die-namics. Color it by blending Cement Gray ink. Color the ear to match the color of the card. I LOVE this part about this die-namics!
- Die cut an oval frame for three times with Die-namics Stitched Oval Scallop Frames. Stack them together for dimension. Die cut the banner from Die-namics Blueprints 28 and stamp the sentiment in Cement Gray ink
- Adhere everything together with foam tape and glue to finish
Yay! That is all for today! The last two cards remind me of orange and lime. Summer is coming!!! I’m excited :)))
Don’t forget to head to MFT blog for a full reveal of today’s products along with more creations by other amazing designers. Thank you for stopping by today! I will be back tomorrow with more countdown fun! See you soon