Hello friends! Welcome to My Favorite Things May Release Countdown! Today is Day 1, also the last day of countdown. Tomorrow will be the New Launch Release! I can’t wait!!
My card today features the Striped Sentiment Strip Cover-Up Die-namics. I made a scene card with double pun 🙂 Sow means pig. It also means to plant something. So, I made a pig planting corn! Pig can be hardworking too! LOL How awesome is it that you can make anything possible in cardmaking? I LOVE IT!!!
Here is my step-by-step:
- Blend a sky using Blu Raspberry dye ink and Die-namics Stitched Cloud Edges. Die cut the panel with Striped Sentiment Strip Cover-Up Die-namics. Blend Vintage Photo distress ink at the bottom to represent soil. I also prepared another paper blended with Vintage Photo to put behind the soil panel
- Next, I stamped all my images in Milk Chocolate hybrid ink and watercolored with distress inks and Gansai Tambi watercolor. The pig is from the BB Hog Heaven set. The corn and the spade fork are from the Farm-tastic stamp set
- Adhere everything into place with glue. Mount the pig and spade fork with foam tape
- First, I white heat embossed Bundles of Blossoms Background onto watercolor paper. Then, I blended Worn Lipstick, Evergreen Bough, Scattered Straw and Shaded Lilac distress inks. These colors are more muted and less “in your face”. I like them on this card 🙂
- Die cut “grateful” for four times out of white card stock. Stack them together for dimension
- Silver heat emboss the rest of the sentiment on vellum and die cut using Die-namics Blueprints 29
- Adhere everything with foam tape and glue. Embellish with PPP clear sequins
That’s it for today. Don’t forget to head to MFT blog for a full reveal of today’s products along with more creations by other amazing designers. Tomorrow will be the New Release. I will be back with my New Product Launch Post! See you tomorrow