Hi friends, Happy Hump Day! It is time for me to share my card for My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge #287. Here is the sketch.
This is what I have come up with. A sweet country style inspired by some colors I’ve been seeing lately. I also tried to add more texture on my poppies and here is the result 🙂
Here is a close up of the poppies:
- Die cut and stamp Delicate Pretty Poppies on watercolor paper, color with distress inks with a water brush
- Frame the flowers with Die-namics Stitched Circle Scallop Frames. The background is made with distress inks
- Add a vellum fishtail behind the circle. The vellum came out to be really subtle in the first photo but you can see it clearly in other photos. Mount the white heat embossed sentiment and a beautiful bow die cut from Proper Pinstripes Paper Pack
- I have used kraft card base and matted it with a light yellow patterned paper from Gingham Galore Paper Pack
- Lastly, I embellished the card with PPP Sparkling Clear sequins
I hope you like my card. It is always very accomplishing when I finish a sketch challenge. Don’t you think so? If you’d like to play along in the challenge, please head over to the MFT Sketch Challenge Blog. I can’t wait to see what you create! Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!