Hi friends, Happy Hump Day! It is time for me to share my card for My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge #291. Here is the sketch.
This is what I come up with. The sunglasses from Pure Innocence Fun in the Sun Die-namics can make anything go alive! Today I am using them on succulents. I tilted the succulents from their pots to make them look like they are dancing. Indeed, it is so hot that even the succulents want to drink cocktails and party 🙂
Here is a close-up of the watercolored succulents:
- White heat emboss Transparent Triangles Background onto watercolor paper. Paint horizontally with Peerless Watercolor. When dry, die cut out with Die-namics Wonky Stitched Rectangle STAX
- Die cut out another watercolor panel with Die-namics Stitched Mini Scallop Square STAX. Blend Antique Linen and Tea Dye distress inks. Add some ink splatters
- Stamp images from LLD Sweet Succulents and BB Penguins in Paradise with Black Licorice hybrid ink. Watercolor with Peerless Watercolor. Die cut out accordingly
- Die cut a sun from Banana Split card stock. Blend with some Pineapple dye ink
- White heat emboss the sentiment on black card stock. Die cut out with Die-namics Blueprints 27
- Adhere everything in place with glue and foam tape to finish
I hope you like my card. It is always very accomplishing when I finish a sketch challenge. Don’t you think so? If you’d like to play along in the challenge, please head over to the MFT Sketch Challenge Blog. I can’t wait to see what you create! Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!