Here is my tea time card. The Tea Party set is super cute and they remind me of the fun tea time with my girlfriends. So, I can’t resist to make something sweet and girly!
Here is my card and more details below:
- Die cut a piece of acetate with the Peek-A-Boo Polka Dots Die-namics. Lay it on watercolor paper. Press Versamark ink pad on top, white heat emboss the polka dots. Paint the background with distress inks – Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Victorian Velvet, Milled Lavender and Squeezed Lemonade. I worked in layers to achieve the water texture
- Die cut the tea cups using LLD Tea Party Die-namics. Blend with Lemon Chiffon dye ink, Coral Crush dye ink and Milled Lavender distress ink
- Die cut the tea bag from Kraft card stock and distress the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink. Thread some hemp cord through the opening
- Gold heat emboss the sentiment on vellum paper and trim into a wide strip
- Mount everything as shown with glue and foam tape to finish
For my second card, I have used the Harvest Buddies Stamp Set and Harvest Buddies Die-namics. They are supposed to be harvesting acorns but I want them to harvest stars from the beautiful sky. I love whimsical scenes!!!
- For the background, I stamped the star images from Lucky Stamp Set using Black Licorice hybrid ink. Then I painted in the stars and the night sky with watercolors. I added lots of white and silver watercolor splatters as well
- For the little squirrels, I stamped them in black and watercolored them. I replaced the acorns with the stars to relate to the starry sky above
- Mount everything with foam tape to finish
That’s all for today! Don’t forget to head to MFT blog for a full reveal of today’s products along with more creations by other amazing designers. Thank you for stopping by today! I will see you at my New Launch post!
Supplies (First Card):
Supplies (Second Card):