Hi friends! I am really into pastel colors lately. I blame the Mama Elephant unicorn and the Cherry trees near my house 🙂 Today, I have a farewell card using the pastel color palette. This card would be perfect for a sweet friend who travels.
Speaking of sweet, I actually used a rose background stamp here. Who says flowers don’t go with nautical?! It totally depends on the style of the stamps you are using and if they match each other on your project. Here in my card, I used the rose background as my ocean as well as on my card front.
Here is how I made my card:
- White heat emboss the rose background on two pieces of watercolor paper. Blend an ocean on one of them and some yellow on the other
- Turn the ocean piece into a shaker. For my focal point image, I stamped the ship in Memento London Fog ink and colored with Copic markers. The shaker frame is cut out of some pink card stock
- Stamp the sentiment in the same gray ink and blend some yellow color, then die cut out with Tag Builder Blueprints 5. Mount with twine, glue and foam tape
I have to thank my friend Emily for borrowing this stamp set to me 🙂 Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!
- My Favorite Things Roses All Over Background Stamp
- My Favorite Things Die-namics Stitched Oval Scallop Frame
- My Favorite Things Adventure is Calling Stamp
- My Favorite Things Tag Builder Blueprints 5
- Lawn Fawn Float My Boat Stamp
- Lawn Fawn Float My Boat Die
I had a mojo and I had to make this card today for the Lawnscaping challenge. This card was meant to be an encouragement card but I think it also works for the holidays 🙂 I connected the “may you sparkle on your special day” sentiment with the sheep. I wanted to have a sheep decorate the other one and make it “sparkle”. That’s my thinking 🙂
Black Friday shopping was done! While I was doing my shopping, I discovered something awesome. They are the gold mirror cardstock from Altenew and Cranberry Christmas paper from DCWV. I made a bunch of stuff using them.
Today I suddenly have an idea to make my stamp images take selfies LOL. I know. I’m weird… I treat cartoon images like they’re real and I imitate their voices in daily life… (Cough cough.. TMI…) Anyways, back to selfies. I took a lot of selfies because, come on, I am from Hong Kong. After I moved to the US, I don’t do it anymore, but I think it’d be really fun to make your critters take selfies of themselves!