Hi friends! It is time for me to share my card for My Favorite Things Color Challenge #46. Here is the color palette for today. They are irresistible!
Here is what I come up with. A cute scene in sweet muted colors. It almost looks vintage to me! I was so surprised!
The rose balloon is my favorite element in the card. Here is a close up:
Here is how I created my card:
- First, white heat emboss the Roses All Over Background on watercolor paper. Then, watercolor with Peach Bellini ink. I added in detailed shading for the roses and also left a highlight for the balloon. So, the balloon has both the details of a balloon and flowers
- For the ground, mask with some tape, then white heat emboss the Split Triangle Background and blend with Kraft ink. It appears to be too intense at first and I was unable to lift the colors. So, I added a piece of vellum on top to mute it. It instantly became softer and would go with the rest of the card
- The sky is blended with Sno Cone ink and sprinkled with some water
- Watercolor the critters using In the Buff and Peach Bellini inks. Mount them with foam tape
- The sentiment is stamped with Kraft hybrid ink
- To finish, I used some beige thread to tie a bow on the balloon so the bunny can hold it. The color of the thread also goes with the whole card
I hope you like my card. MFT color challenges are very fun and educational! I feel like I have known my inks better and I’d be more likely to use them in the future! If you’d like to play along in the challenge, please head over to the MFT Color Challenge Blog. I can’t wait to see what you create! Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!