Hi there! It’s been A LONG WHILE since I’ve made a card! Ever since I started my full-time job at Nordstrom as an analyst, I pretty much have been an analyst by day, and an analyst by night. Please allow me to talk about my job for a bit since I haven’t been connected to you guys for SO LONG!!!
I have been a marketing analyst for two years now. That means I get exposed to new brands, new products and new ideas at our company. It’s very exciting and interesting area to work in! Also, since I’m a data nerd, I get to analyze businesses and how they’re performing in store and online. I follow customer behavior on the website and figure out why people buy or don’t buy certain things. It’s indeed a very interesting job and it keeps me from feeling bored because I am learning new things everyday. I feel very lucky to be able to work there and I absolutely love my job 🙂
OK! Now onto the card. I’ve been itching to make a holiday card so here we go!
I love the graphic design of Altenew’s Festive Silhouettes Stamp Set. It can make a really graphic card by repetitive stamping. You just need to balance things out by being mindful of where to place the stamps. I heat embossed the images onto some Canson Watercolor Paper by using white embossing powder. After that, I blended over the whole card with Pine Needles Distress Ink. To make snow, I splashed the card with some water droplets and white acrylic paint. You can stop here if you’re satisfied but I’d love more texture, so I added some stitch lines using the MFT Stitched Strip Die-namics.
To finish off, I embellished the card with some hemp cord and two Jingle Bells. For the card base, I have used MFT Primitive Cream Cardstock and I blended some Tea Dye Distress Ink on all four edges of the card. I then ran a pair of scissors along the edges of the card front to make it more rustic. Lastly, I simply foam mounted the card.
What do you guys think? Yay or Nay? Wishing you guys a Wonderful Holiday Season! Thank you for stopping by and sticking with me. It feels good to create again 🙂
- Altenew Festive Silhouettes Stamp: Ellen Hutson // Simon Says Stamp
- MFT Stitched Strip Die-namics: Simon Says Stamp
- Canson Watercolor Paper: Ellen Hutson // Simon Says Stamp
- MFT Primitive White Cardstock: My Favorite Things
- Pine Needles Distress Ink: Ellen Hutson // Simon Says Stamp
- Tea Dye Distress Ink: Ellen Hutson // Simon Says Stamp
- Versamark Watermark Ink: Ellen Hutson // Simon Says Stamp
- Hero Arts White Embossing Powder: Simon Says Stamp
- Hero Arts Wagner Heat Gun: Simon Says Stamp
- Natural Hemp Cord Twine: Simon Says Stamp
- Jingle Bells: Simon Says Stamp
- MISTI Stamping Tool: Ellen Hutson // Simon Says Stamp
- Scotch Double-Sided Foam Tape: Simon Says Stamp