Hello crafty friends! Happy weekend!! I am here today to share my card for the Rainbow Card Challenge! A few days ago, I was tagged by my super talented friends Yoonsun Hur, Yana Smakula and Amanda Korotkova. They are all very sweet and inspiring!! I am so honored to be tagged by them! Not to mention that I love rainbow colors and I am so happy to play along in this challenge!! :)))
The Rainbow Card Challenge simply means creating a card with rainbow colors and tag two friends! 🙂
Here is my rainbow card. I took advantage of this challenge to use some of my favorite supplies. One of them is the amazing new Build a Rainbow die from Simon Says Stamp. Currently, I am addicted to ink blending and adding textures. So, I incorporated a lot of textures onto my card – heat embossing, dry embossing, ink blending, paint splatters, sequins, etc.
Below are more photos and details.
For my background, I white heat embossed the SSS Doodle Background onto a watercolor paper. Die cut out with MFT Die-namics Blueprints 25. Blend Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Tumbled Glass distress inks onto the panel. Add some water droplets and splatters using the same inks. I also added some green watercolor splatters from my Gansai Tambi palette.
I then die cut a rainbow with the SSS Build a Rainbow die and I colored the rainbow with Copic markers (R27, B00, Y15, RV52, G00).
Of course a rainbow isn’t enough for me, I also added Lila from SSS Lila’s Heart stamp set. I stamped her with MFT Milk Chocolate hybrid ink and colored with Copic markers.
Lila’s Skin – E0000, E000, E00, E11
Hair – E11, E15, E33, E35, E57
Dress – Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17, Y18, Y28
Shoes – RV13, RV14, RV21, RV25
Then, I die cut Lila with SSS Hearts for Lila die. For the sentiment, I stamped letters from SSS Game Tile Letters stamp set in brown and cut them out with my scissors. I added some subtle gray shadows to the tiles to make them look more realistic.
To make Lila to hold the “V” tile instead of the heart, I fussy cut along her hands and head and used a white gel pen to cover up the extra lines.
Lastly, I adhered everything in place with glue and foam tape. Embellish with some PPP Sparkling Clear Sequins and Clear Droplets
That’s it for my card! To pass on the happy rainbow power, I am tagging my amazingly talented friends Melania Desay and Kay Miller! I am sure these ladies will make some gorgeous eye candies!! I just cannot wait to see their cards!!! :)))
P.S. I am entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – Anything Goes.
Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful day 🙂
Simon Says Stamp Supplies:
- Simon Says Stamp Build A Rainbow Die
- Simon Says Cling Stamp Doodle Background
- Simon Says Satmp Lila’s Heart Stamp Set
- Simon Says Satmp Hearts for Lila Die
- Simon Says Stamp Coordinating Set – You Have My Heart
- Simon Says Stamp Game Tile Letters Stamp Set
- Ranger Watercolor Paper
- Zig Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolor 36 Color Set
- Distress Mini Ink Pad – Spiced Marmalade
- Distress Mini Ink Pad – Tumbled Glass
- Distress Mini Ink Pad – Mustard Seed
- Uni-Ball Signo White Gel Pen
- Ranger Glossy Accents Glue
- 3M Scotch Foam Tape
- Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Sequin Mix
- Pretty Pink Posh 4mm Clear Droplets
Copic Colors Used (Simon Says Stamp):
- Copic Sketch Marker R27 Cadmium Red Ladybug
- Copic Sketch Marker B00 Frost Blue
- Copic Sketch Marker Y15 Cadmium Yellow
- Copic Sketch Marker RV52 Cotton Candy Pale Pink
- Copic Sketch Marker G00 Jade Green
- Copic Sketch Marker E11 Barley Beige
- Copic Sketch Marker E00 Cotton Pearl Flesh Tone
- Copic Sketch Marker E000 Pale Fruit Pink
- Copic Sketch Marker E0000 Floral White
- Copic Sketch Marker E33 Sand Beige
- Copic Sketch Marker E35 Chamois Light Brown
- Copic Sketch Marker E15 Dark Suntan Brown
- Copic Sketch Marker E57 Light Walnut Light Brown
- Copic Sketch Marker Y11 Pale Yellow
- Copic Sketch Marker Y13 Lemon Yellow
- Copic Sketch Marker Y15 Cadmium Yellow
- Copic Sketch Marker Y17 Golden Yellow Bright Bold
- Copic Sketch Marker Y18 Lightning Yellow Bright Bold
- Copic Sketch Marker Y28 Lionet Gold Bold Golden
- Copic Sketch Marker RV13 Tender Pink
- Copic Sketch Marker RV14 Begonia Pink Bright Bold
- Copic Sketch Marker RV21 Light Pink
- Copic Sketch Marker RV25 Dog Rose Flower Bright Bold Hot Pink