Hello there! I’m super excited to join Altenew today for their Anniversary blog hop! I can’t believe they are already three years old! Do you still remember when they first came up with multi-layering stamps? They totally blew my mind off and I’ve loved them to this very day!
I have missed crafting so so much! During my “absence”, I’ve been collecting different inspirations from artists. I really enjoy trying new things and I never get tired of finding new techniques and styles! Hopefully my cards today will inspire you too!
For my first card, I’ve created a romantic watercolor card using the Remember This Stamp Set. I first stamped the outlines of flowers and leaves with Antique Linen distress ink on Arches cold press watercolor paper. Then, I slowly watercolored the images with my Schmincke watercolor palette, I have used shades of peach, pink, oranges, red and green in my flowers to bring variations. To add even more depth to the flowers, I used my Faber Castell Polychromos Colored Pencils to darken parts of my shading. During coloring, I didn’t follow the line of each petal so I ended up altering the floral images a bit. You can see all the stamens are gone! I really like this process because it made me feel so free and creative!
For the background, I did a soft wash with Antique Linen and Worn Lipstick distress inks. Then, I die cut out the panel with Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles Die Set. For the sentiment, I used the same green paint to watercolor a strip of paper. Then, I white heat embossed the loving sentiment from Sentiments & Quotes Stamp Set. To finish, I simply mounted the whole panel on Simon Says Stamp Fog card base with foam tape.
For my second card, I did a completely different style with Spring colors. I wanted my card to have a more cartoony style. So I altered the style of the Amazing You Stamp Set. I did it by stamping the images using a light ink, then using the outline as a guide, I doodled in the flowers with a Sepia Copic Multi-liner. I’ve added in folds and dots to make the flowers more cute and cartoony. Then, I colored the flowers and leaves with Copic markers.
To complement the cute flowers, I painted a simple Spring scene with my Copic markers for the background. I scribbled in some grasses and added in some small dots to indicate wind movement. I left out a lot of details in the background because I didn’t want to distract from the flowers. Turns out I really love this style! I can feel the warm breeze by looking at it!
To finish, I framed the scene with some White Wood paper and foam tape, added the sentiment (from Bejeweled Stamp Set), and embellished with some Pretty Pink Posh sequins. I have used a mix of colored sequins from Sunshine Glow 4mm, Wisteria Blossoms Mix, Holiday Shimmer Mix and Clear Sparkling Mix.
Altenew is offering FREE U.S. shipping with code HAPPY3RD or $5 OFF international shipping with code ANNIVERSARY at checkout. This offer is valid from April 11th through April 16th at 11:59 pm EDT. Not valid on prior purchases. Cannot be combined with other promo codes.
Altenew is giving away $50 gift certificates to FIVE lucky winners. There are also 10 awesome companies who are celebrating with us, and they are offering the following prizes:
Be sure to leave comments by Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 11:59 PM EDT for a chance to win! 15 WINNERS will be chosen at random from the comments left on any of the participating blogs and will be announced on the Altenew blog on April 28th, 2017.
Your next stop is the Simon Says Stamp blog! Enjoy your hop and I will see you next time!
- Altenew Remember This Stamp Set: Ellen Hutson // Simon Says Stamp
- Altenew Amazing You Stamp Set: Ellen Hutson // Simon Says Stamp
- Altenew Sentiments & Quotes Stamp Set: Ellen Hutson // Simon Says Stamp
- Altenew Bejeweled Stamp Set: Ellen Hutson // Simon Says Stamp
- Altenew White Wood Paper: Altenew
- MISTI Stamping Tool: Ellen Hutson // Simon Says Stamp
- Arches Watercolor Paper: Ellen Hutson // Simon Says Stamp
- Simon Says Stamp Fog Card Stock: Simon Says Stamp
- Simon Says Stamp Wood Grain Card Stock: Simon Says Stamp
- Schmincke Horadam 48 Half Pan Watercolor Set: Dick Blick
- Faber Castell Polychromos Colored Pencils 36 Set: Dick Blick
- Copic Markers: Ellen Hutson
- Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles Die Set: Simon Says Stamp
- Pretty Pink Posh Holiday Shimmer Mix: Ellen Hutson // Simon Says Stamp
- Pretty Pink Posh Clear Sparkling Sequin Mix: Ellen Hutson // Simon Says Stamp
- Pretty Pink Posh Sunshine Glow 4mm Sequins: Simon Says Stamp
- Pretty Pink Posh Wisteria Blossoms Mix: Simon Says Stamp
- Ranger Perfect Pearl Powder: Simon Says Stamp
- EK Success Powder Tool: Ellen Hutson // Simon Says Stamp
- Versamark Watermark Ink: Ellen Hutson // Simon Says Stamp
- Hero Arts White Embossing Powder: Ellen Hutson // Simon Says Stamp
- Hero Arts Wagner Heat Gun: Ellen Hutson // Simon Says Stamp
- Scotch Double-Sided Foam Tape: Ellen Hutson // Simon Says Stamp
- Cheaper Alternative Foam Tape: Ellen Hutson
- Be Creative Tape/ Scor-Tape: Ellen Hutson // Simon Says Stamp